25 August 2012

Day Ten: Something New 

The tenth day of the 30-Day Photography Challenge!

Today was a bright and sunny day (something quite rare during winter days here in Perth), and my sister and I decided to make the most of it. After walking around the city, I managed to find this gorgeous trunk! I absolutely love the look and feel of it - and I knew it would be the perfect place to store my old letters, photographs, notes, and keepsakes. It also makes a great photography prop.

Last week there was also a massive 'Save the Children' book sale on my campus. I went almost everyday and bought some 'new' books. The old, rare, and vintage books you see here are definitely, well - old, rare, and vintage... but they're certainly new to me!









All images captured @ East Perth, WA. Copyright 2012.

4 comments:

  1. That trinket box is the most beautiful I have seen! And the books you bought from the sale are so lovely. Wish I had had the chance to go! Beautiful pictures again Iris :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear :* You're so sweet! I agree with you, it's a gorgeous little trunk. (Psssh, it's from the Reject Shop in the city - check it out!) And about the books, we can go next year!

      Delete
  2. Hi, what gear and lenses do you use for your shoots? They're one of the best I've seen around the web...and I've been around the web quite a lot.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      Thank you so much, that made my day! (:

      I use the Canon EOS 5D Mark II body and the standard 24-105mm lens that goes with it. For some of my other shoots (like the couples photoshoot) I was lucky enough to borrow my friend's 200mm lens!

      I hope that helps.

      Delete

Feel free to voice any questions, critiques, or comments. Thank you!