16 August 2012

France on Broadway 

There is a popular shopping and dining area called "Broadway Fair" near my university. It's constantly buzzing with students trying to get a fairly-priced meal, older couples shopping or groceries at IGA, and the in-betweeners who like to shop or complete their errands at the post-office and other various shops.

But further down the road, there is a famous French café called La Galette de France (English translation: the girdle-cake of France), known for their marvelous macarons and sinfully sweet crêpes. Kelvin and I decided it was time to try the place out. Eagerly we tucked ourselves into a little table and ordered some delectable desserts. And even though I heard the Australian accent all around me, I closed my eyes every so often and pretended I was in France. France on Broadway - who would've thought it possible?







A blue iris flower and a very vanilla macaron. Just gorgeous.

It wouldn't be a proper French patisserie if not for the baguettes!

Green tea (mais, bien sûr) and a chocolate éclair.


Savoury chicken and mushroom crêpe.








All images captured on Broadway Street @ Nedlands, WA. Copyright 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to voice any questions, critiques, or comments. Thank you!